Thursday 7 October 2010

Watching the X Factor... so that you don't have to

After Nick's decidedly highbrow monologue about union fistycuffs and subterranean rat-men, I thought I'd lower the tone completely by waffling on about the nation's favourite shooting gallery: the X Factor.

Before you run in the direction of the nearest minefield screaming "I want to end it all now!", pray patience. This isn't intended to be some wonderfully ironic post-modern comment on the state of the music industry - because, quite frankly, I have no idea what that sentence means.

Fact is, for the first time in what seems like a million years, I have subjected various senses to the X Factor. And I hate myself for it. The only thing providing any kind of comfort is the knowledge that I can subject you to the same level of hell by reporting my findings on this blog.

From what I can determine so far, this year's key runners and riders can be summarised thus:
  • Vanity Project
  • Gap Yah
  • The Justin Bieber Five
  • Four Girls Who'll Hate Each Other By Round Three
  • We Fell Out Of The Shoreditch Tree And Hit Every Branch On The Way Down
  • Louis Picked Me Because I'm Irish
  • Strong Chance Of A Shower
  • The Lovable Painter And Decorator Who I Quite Want To Win Because He'd Do A Good Bon Iver Impression.

Personally, I hope they all eat each other (except the painter, he's alright). At the very least, they could have a quick chomp on Louis Walsh's face; I have a theory that there's a vacant space and a very confused vole lurking just beneath the skin.

What's certain is that it's only going to get worse and I will be all the thicker for it come Christmas. So please, sit back and enjoy reading about my rapid mental descent into a condition known medically as: 'Katie Price'.

God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment